In an article entitled “Evolve or Fail: CEO Laura Rea Dickey on the Mantra that Helped Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants Thrive”, the Dickey’s CEO discussed how she transformed the company’s marketing strategy, integrating it with the technological innovations of the information age such as big data and artificial intelligence.
Laura Rea Dickey transformed the company’s marketing strategy. She integrated it with big data and artificial intelligence. Laura Rea continued Dickey’s mantra of “evolve or fail.” She guided the company through the economic difficulties created by the pandemic.
Timeline of Dickey’s Barbecue Pit
The Dickey family founded the barbecue company in 1941. Dickey’s Barbecue Pit has continued to evolve and grow. Expanding from a small restaurant to the complex corporate structure it is today.
- Dallas, Texas 1941. – Travis Dickey, home from the great war, prepared his beef brisket and pit hams with a single smoker. His wife, Ollie, ran the restaurant.
- Two decades later, Roland Sr. and T.D., Travis and Ollie’s sons, took over the business. Expanding Dickey’s Barbecue Pit to other locations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- Roland Sr. and T.D. decided to begin franchising. Denver, Colorado, provided the first out-of-state location to Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants.
- Roland Dickey Jr. stepped into the role of CEO in 2006. Roland Jr. expanded Dickey’s to become one of the fastest-growing restaurant chains in the U.S.
- In 2009, Laura came in as a consultant. Laura Rea Dickey Net Worth formalized marketing, technology, and communications. She is Roland Jr’s wife.
- Roland Jr. restructured the business, becoming CEO of the new Dickey Capital Group. It was set up as a parent company for all the family’s business ventures. Laura Rea became CEO of Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants.
- Dickey’s Barbecue has over 550 franchise locations.
Laura has an extensive marketing background. She has worked with Murray Brown Creative Group, The Point Group, and The Richards Group. These experiences served her well with Dickey’s. Laura Rae was named to “The Power List” and one of the 50 most influential women in food service. Go here for related Information.